Appraisal Research Associate
Committed to product and service excellence, For What It’s Worth Appraisals, Inc has provided our clients with exemplary research and valuation reporting since 2003. Our appraisals are used for high-level decisions and negotiation processes such as lending, property taxation, bankruptcy, and settlements. We specialize in performing appraisals of a wide variety of machinery & equipment and valuing inventories. Appraisals encompass several fields of knowledge and will require data including: secondary market comparables, industry studies, economics, finance, tax law, and market trends. Each day provides challenging work with an opportunity for growth and continued education. For more information, see www.FWIWAppraisals.com
Rapidly growing company seeks experienced office professional
A new perspective awaits…
- Exposure to a wide assortment of new industries
- Collaborate with inspection team to develop field reports
- Find sales comparables on the internet
- Research industries and economic trends affecting value
- Report your steps and conclusions in a technical writing style
The core nucleus of the office…
This position will have a central role in this established, fast-paced, and growing company. From inspection notes to final report, you will have a hand in almost every aspect of the appraisal process.
You will be a great success as an Appraisal Research Associate if you…
- Are a seasoned office professional with uncompromised ethics and integrity.
- Have extreme attention to detail and be highly organized for maximum efficiency. Only candidates who include “I’m detailed oriented” in the memo line of their cover letter will be considered for this position.
- Feel compelled to fix typos, correct math errors, and resolve inconsistencies.
- Are self-motivated and highly productive in an independent work environment.
- Are resourceful and determined to find answers.
- Have a strong commitment to deadlines.
Are you excited by the potential to help a small, growing company?
Assists senior appraiser and valuation staff in the preparation of inventory valuations and machinery & equipment appraisal reports by conducting research, analyzing results, and reporting results both verbally and in written form.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts internet and other research to locate comparable properties
- Enters comparable asset data into MS Excel
- Performs comparison analysis based on sales of similar properties
- Conducts industry studies to determine supply/demand, market trends
- Formats reports, photos, charts in MS Office and MS Excel
- Prepares written appraisal reports from cover to cover, under the supervision of a senior appraiser.
- Provides editorial support, such as proofreading, editing, and formatting all forms of written content.
- Performs additional research as necessary
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 2+ years college education. Studies in accounting, finance, business, economics, information, legal, English, journalism, or related field preferred.
- 1+ years of internet research on-the-job work experience
- Advanced working knowledge of the Internet and Internet-search techniques (testing is required).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (testing is required).
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong technical writing skills and a high-level of proficiency in spelling and grammar
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects with efficiency
- Problem solving – logic, analytic, and critical thinking
- This position requires use of computers and to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Work hours may exceed 40 hours per week.
One week paid vacation in first year. Casual office environment. Opportunity for advancement for candidates who excel in their positions.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.